Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pictures

The new fiance, J, and I this summer. I'm happier than I've been in ages. Moving on and simply being co-parents and friends was the best decision Mark and I could have made. Now, I have someone with whom I agree on most everything. But even when we don't agree, we're good together. We just talk about it and move on. As an added bonus, Xavier is NUTS about him.


While we may not have been actively TTC, we were thrilled when we found out Thursday night that there is a wee one on the way. We were both on FertilAid vitamins, but I wasn't temping or timing anything. Just going with the flow. We are infinitely lucky, and blessed, and happy. I know this. I've been on the other side of that fence and it isn't a happy place.



This one was taken Thursday night, CD 27, 11DPO. I wasn't late yet, just had a feeling. Took the test at night, not terribly concentrated urine, and there it was, clear as a bell. It may not be dark, but it's very much a line.

That one was from the following morning, the day of my missed period. Significantly darker. I went to the doctor to confirm. They did an instant urine test, and a beta. Won't have beta results until Monday (yes, I have the worst family doc in the world, thanks for asking).

Going from LMP, my EDD is August 13 - one month exactly after my birthday, and 11 days after J's birthday. It will certainly be an exciting summer....

Immediately after showing him Thursday night's test, he ran to the truck and brought back a box. "You need this!"

He was totally right! Who DOESN'T need a ring like that? Come on!

One more picture just because I love it so much. Hehe...

Okay, this post is disjointed and not very pretty, but I guess I just felt the need to unload a little bit. I miss my blog. I miss my friends. I have friends IRL, but it's just not the same. I need to share this with the people who stood beside me through everything else.

The pregnancy doesn't feel even a little bit real. I'm thirsty every second of every day, and I'm a little nauseous sometimes. I get heartburn like nobody's business when I lay down. I'm bloated and kind of puffy by the end of the night. My first OB appointment isn't until January, which annoys me, but whatever. I'll live. I just want to keep thinking happy thoughts and make it past week 12.

So there's the braindump for right now. Hopefully I'll post more regularly and it'll make more sense. (Baby brain is a very real problem!) Thanks for following me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment