Friday, March 25, 2011

Sorry!

I've been gone a very long time. But there is good reason, I promise. I was really busy with the being on the coast, walking on the beach, and getting married. J & I are officially Mr. and Mrs. P. Yay for us! We had a tiny (really tiny) wedding on the beach that included me, J, and our minister. It was beautiful and perfect and everything that we wanted. I couldn't possibly be happier. He's a keeper (and the tungsten carbide ring on his finger says that I'm the one who gets to keep him. Lucky!)

Big ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday, and then we should know gender and things like that. The baby moves a lot now, so I don't worry quite so much. Of course, if a few hours go by without feeling anything, I start to worry. Usually, I take comfort in the fact that I'm not even 20 weeks and I have an anterior placenta. I should count myself lucky I feel anything at all. Wednesday night, though, we were in Walmart... J was playing around with the toys in the baby section, making them play their songs. He started one and The Critter started moving around. He put it closer to my belly and scored a kick to the bladder that was so hard it hurt. Glad she's strong enough to hurt me. Incredibly grateful, actually.

I can't even make a big excited post right now because I'm so bummed for my blog friend Jen, who had to say goodbye to her baby. She was only 3 weeks behind J & I in her pregnancy.

As soon as I have wedding pictures and all that fun stuff, I will post them, I promise. Right now, I guess I just feel like having some more quiet time. What happened to Jen has really scared the crap out of me and made me unbelievably sad.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your wedding! How wonderful.

    When awful things happen to people we love, especially awful things that hit very close to our hearts and deepest fears it is understandable to need and crave quiet time.

    You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete