Thursday, April 14, 2011

Inconclusive

The ultrasound yesterday yielded no results. The Critter stayed face down in the nice cozy pelvic area and put both hands over her head. No way we were getting a look at her face. I suppose we'll try again in a couple of weeks. It's not really IMPORTANT that we know about her lip before birth - I would just like to know so that I am prepared in the even that there is something wrong. When you give birth, you have certain expectations. A cleft lip would be shocking. I just want to know so we can be emotionally ready for it.

The more time goes by, the more my gut says that she is perfectly fine and there is no deformity. I like believing that. For now, I'm sticking with it.

Monkey's doctor finally found a pharmacy that could compound a drug that worked on his bottom. He is suddenly worlds better. He also got a vaccination at his well-child appointment, and it left him feverish and cranky for a couple days. Today, he seems to be back to his normal happy self. This makes everyone happy. If Monkey ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

My dear husband had to take his mom to the doctor about 90 minutes away today. I feel like I've barely seen him in days between all the work on the house and helping out other people. Part of what I love about him is his willingness to put his butt on the line for anyone, but dang. It gets tough being married to Batman. Whenever there's trouble in Gotham, he's gone. Most of the time, I could go with him... Truth be told, I just didn't want to be stuck in the car with them for that long. His mom is nice and all, but we're vastly different people. Also, I am still annoyed over that time she came over and pointed out all the things in my house that she would like to have. My house is not your rummage sale. The good news is that I am madly in love with my husband, so I probably will never throw anything at his mom.

Maybe I'm bitchy today, yes?

I should probably finish cleaning up around here. I need to make a run to the grocery store too, but I'm desperately trying to avoid it. One can only be out of Froot Loops for so long before they have to give in, though.

4 comments:

  1. Don't stress about it (and it sounds like you're not, so I probably don't even need to say it). They are so good with the surgery now, there is barely even a scar.

    Hey, and congrat's that she's a girl! So exciting. I am so, so happy for you.

    And sorry I'm so behind in blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over from LFCA. My son was just born with a small cleft in his palate - it doesn't extend to his lip, but it will still require plastic surgery to fix. If your little one is born with a cleft, expect a stay of at least a few days in the NICU while they try to find a bottle that works - she won't be able to BF, if that was your plan. They ended up using the Playtex Nurser (or Playtex drop-ins) for us, because it allows us to add some pressure to the bottle and helps him get the formula and breastmilk out. :)

    All that being said, fingers crossed that it ends up being for naught. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, just found your blog from ICLW ;) I am pregnant too right now (18 weeks) and can imagine your worry :( I hope you are able to get a clear shot soon, and you can prepare. I know you will love her either way, but can imagine just wanting to know! Your calm inspires me! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Manda,
    Here from ICLW and have to say that I love your blog design, it is so whimsical and fun.

    You sound very calm and collected about the potential medical issue your little one might have. I'm impressed by your very logical attitude. I can only imagine that it is scary none-the-less.

    I read thru some of your other posts and love your beach wedding pics! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete