Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ennui

I'm not sure what's up with me today. Maybe it's the weather. I kind of just want to go back to my bed and hibernate. It's one of those days where I'm afraid to even speak because everything will come out all wrong. I guess I'm just hormonal. This post will likely be a rambling mess of a brain dump. Sorry...

I'm down to 104 days til my due date. A woman on my birth board has already given birth (at 22 weeks), and a friend of mine who is 4 weeks behind me was in the ER last night with worries about preterm labor. These are scary days. I want The Critter to stay inside and grow as long as she can, but I'm also anxious to meet her. I can't wait to introduce her to her dad. She's gonna love him.

The shower is in a couple months. We haven't done our registry yet. Every time I try to get J to go do it with me, there's something else that has to be done. I'm not mad about it, but I'm starting to get kind of annoyed. I understand that the house needs finished, but it really won't take that long to go do this. Blah.

We were supposed to go to a birthday party today. It was going to be a lot of fun and Monkey was going to get to play with other kids his age. Instead, it rained. Again. Like it has every other day for the last month. I'm kind of done with rain for a while. We may take Monk to the movies today instead. We shall see how that pans out.

Tucker and Bo have been wrestling nonstop since we got Tucker. It's calmed Bo down a lot and he's not as demanding anymore, but jeez. It's like living with two pro wrestlers. Who knew a doberman and a beagle mix could make so much noise?! Yesterday, I went out to check on J (who was working on the hot tub), and noticed a couple dozen blood drops on my deck. I asked J if he had hurt himself. Nope, wasn't him. Came back inside and Bo was sleeping on the couch. Apparently Tuck got his ear during a wrestling match. Just nipped the very end, but it bled like crazy. Surprisingly, I didn't see them wrestle all day after that. At least, not until right before bedtime. Go figure.

Okay, me and my bad attitude are going to go find something to do. Boredom is contributing to my crabbiness, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment