Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers



  • I'm fascinated by the comments on Jen's latest post. If you haven't read them, you should, and then jump in on a discussion. It's turned into kind of an infertility mixer over there. It feels like a bunch of people sitting around a living room talking. I dig it.
  • I forgot to mention it, but we found out at court on Tuesday that the court records are sealed on Monkey's case. There is no "legal" way for him to find his biological parents if he ever decides to pursue that. Of course, we have copies of everything and we know their names. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, though I honestly doubt they will still be alive by the time he's 18.
  • I've been trying to save money lately. At the grocery store last night, I compared the price per load on powder vs. liquid laundry detergent. The savings is only two cents per load. I'm sticking to liquid.
  • I'm stepping back my iron supplements. My guts are rebelling. I finally remembered to ask what the number was, and it was 10.3. It wasn't THAT bad to begin with, so I'm pretty sure I can just change my diet and remedy most of it.
  • I dreamed about the baby last night. She always looks the same in every dream - bright blue eyes and a head full of coal black hair. I know all babies have blue eyes, so that's probably pretty normal. Last night's dream was meeting her for the first time. Someone laid her on my chest and I swooned. I tried desperately to go back to sleep and recapture the moment, but it was gone. How can I miss someone I've never met? I have an incredible longing to meet her, hold her, touch her... The next 3.5 months are going to go really slowly, I fear.
  • I caught a glimpse of my profile in shadow last night. Wow. I mean, I feel the giant belly tugging on me and I touch it constantly, but I hardly ever really LOOK at it. That was a little strange.
  • In the shower, I'm always a little amazed by it. I've always just been "fat." Now, my belly is tight and almost perfectly round. I'm not the pregnant woman in the magazines or anything, but I have a very iconic shape right now. It's almost surreal to be in this place.
  • My dogs need a bath. They smell weird. It's been raining for like, a month, and they play outside a lot. I hate bath nights.
  • It's Strawberry Festival time around here. Tonight, we're going to the Fireman's Parade with Mark and Monkey (and ex-father-in-law, yay). Monk is very excited to see the "pietrutts."
  • Monk's lip is looking a bit better. There's still a piece of stray skin hanging, but it's kind of like when your lips are really chapped. It would probably help if he stopped sucking on it all the time.
  • I'm kind of bummed about Festival this year. Tomorrow is supposed to be the one nice day (pretty much all month), and there is a huge parade (like 4 hours, people - it's serious). Problem is that it's supposed to be 80 degrees, and anytime it gets over 70, I swell like a blow fish. I really want to see the parade, but I really DON'T want to make myself miserable in the process. I need something like an air conditioned glass box so I can watch the parade from the comfort of air conditioning.
Go check in with Danifred for more Friday Night Leftovers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am loving the comments on that post, it is the best discussion.

    Take a chair and popsicles to the parade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part of pregnancy when the belly gets just so round and perfect. When you definitely LOOK pregnant.
    Have fun at the parade- and I'm with Jen- CHAIRS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from FNL...also love the "round" party of pregnancy...stay cool and enjoy the festival.

    ReplyDelete