Sunday, May 29, 2011

Since I Missed Friday Night Leftovers...

...this will just be a Sunday morning brain dump.

  • I didn't sleep much last night. The heartburn was so bad that I woke up with acid in the tube between my nose and throat. That burns like fire, just in case you were wondering.
  • If I have to tell Monk to get off the dogs one more time this morning, I may jump out the window. Do they just LOOK like furniture? I'm at a loss.
  • My baby shower is officially set for June 25. We aimed a bit early because of the doctor's concern that she may come before her due date. And this way, we still have plenty of time to buy the things we need.
  • I STILL haven't bought a crib. It's on my to-do list for June. I've been too busy sitting around on my butt.
  • Ditto for car seat, stroller, pack and play, etc.
  • We went to my mom's yesterday for a cookout. It was really nice to be able to just sit around on her porch and talk to everyone. She's going to ban me from her house at the end of June, so I need to visit as much as possible. (My mom lives 5 miles from pavement - about an hour from the nearest hospital.)
  • We've been watching Leapfrog movies on Netflix. Monk is obsessed with Numbers Ahoy, because it includes pirates. "Where's da piyate go?" At least he falls on my side of the pirates vs. ninjas debate. Pirates win. J is disappointed.
  • The Critter's movements have changed a lot in the last week or so. Kick counts are still good, it just feels different. She's obviously getting bigger every day. Instead of erratic flutters, it kind of feels like purposeful readjustment. Also, I think she may be made entirely of knees and elbows.
  • I'm torn on the crib thing... Do we buy middle of June when we have a nice chunk of change coming in, or do we wait until after the shower in case we get gift cards that may reduce our out-of-pocket cost? I think I'll go ahead and buy before. It's not like there's not other things we will need that we can use the cards for.
  • Mark is coming to get Monk in just a few minutes, so I guess I should get him out of his pajamas and into something more reasonable for a Sunday lunch date.
You should still go see Danifred, just because she's cool. (And it's not her fault that I'm unable to remember to blog on Fridays.)

2 comments:

  1. A thought on the crib. . .you should go NOW and find what you want. Most stores don't keep cribs in stock, and they have to order them. It can take a really long time.

    I highly recommend those co-sleeper things, or a bassinet. It is so much more convenient than dragging your butt out of bed for a feeding in the middle of the night. You can use them for months, too, which gives you some time to find/order a crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the crib now thing. Sometimes they aren't in stock and take a while. Also, ours had to off gas for a while before it smelled neutral and not like new furniture. The crib mattress had to as well.

    ReplyDelete