Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers


  • We took Monk to the dentist today. The news was mixed... The tooth is dying, due to root damage during the fall. Bad. The good news is that we can save the tooth (good), but it requires a baby root canal (bad) and a resin crown for cosmetics. This will keep the tooth intact and looking normal until his adult tooth comes in.
  • I have cried over this a lot. I feel like it's all my fault. Kids fall, I understand that... But this is MY kid, and it was in MY house, and his tooth is impacted now for the next 3 years or so. Sad.
  • I think Tucker (whom we believe to be a rottweiler/beagle mix) has a p.eni.s infection. We're working on getting him in to see a vet tomorrow. There is an emergency vet, but they charge $125 just to walk in the door - that doesn't count treatment. I don't have that in my budget right now, thanks to several other things I didn't have room for in my budget.
  • The next time someone asks Tucker's breed, I'm going to tell them he's a teacup rottweiler. He looks like a rott, but he's only 40 pounds. I think it would be funny.
  • The hot tub is finally almost finished. My dear J has busted his ass on this thing and we're almost at payoff point. We're not going to heat it this year, as I'm not allowed in hot tubs due to blood pressure concerns, but it'll make a kickass soaking pool this summer.
  • The heartburn keeps getting worse. Woke up choking on stomach acid again last night, with more nose-tube involvement. OUCH.
  • I really love my husband quite a lot. I've been an emotional train wreck lately, and he's been working a lot, so it feels like we're distant sometimes. But there are still moments where I just about fall over when I realize how much I love him. A lot. He's my favorite husband ever.
  • Did I mention that the not-hot tub has 20 jets, fiber optic lighting, and a lion head fountain? I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is. I'm stoked.
  • Unfortunately, I must go now because I'm also suddenly starving. (You know you're in the third trimester when, the more you eat, the hungrier you get...)
Now go see Danifred!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry the dentist appointment didn't go well. That's a tough decision. You can't blame yourself though- kids will be kids and despite our best efforts, we can't keep them 100% protected. Hugs Mama

    ReplyDelete