Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Progress?

I spent most of the afternoon in the car yesterday. J had to take his mom to an appointment, and I didn't want to be left home alone, so I rode along. I just felt kind of off, I guess. Kind of nauseous and wimpy. Everything went fine, but I was glad to not be home alone.

After we got home, I went to the bathroom and noticed some light pink spotting on the toilet paper. Nothing in my underwear or anything, just on the paper. I went ahead and called my OB nurse, figuring she would tell me to wait and tell my doctor about it at my appointment the next day. No. She told me to go to L&D immediately and get checked.

Urine test is still ugly. Apparently Macrobid isn't going to work for me. The on-call put me on Keflex instead. I asked the nurses if they would check my cervix, just to see where we're at. They got permission from the doctor, and off we went.

As of 5pm yesterday, I was 1cm dilated and about 70% effaced. Progress! Of course, I'm still not having anything resembling regular contractions, but it's something. When we came home, we went for a long walk to see if it would stimulate anything. It didn't, but it was good to get out and move around. Turned into a nice moonlit stroll on the way home, too.

I'm off to my regular OB appointment in just a little bit, so hopefully I'll get good news. Like more dilating or effacing or something. It's my birthday today - I deserve some good news.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! *fingers crossed for good news*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! You're almost there.

    ReplyDelete