Friday, October 28, 2011

Long Week Ahead

The ex is going out of town for the week, which means Monkey will be here. This is a good thing, don't get me wrong. It just changes up our schedule a lot because I have to drive him to school and pick him up every day. J is going to try to rearrange his work schedule so he can drop him and pick him up as he travels. I'm hoping that works out.

I'm excited for trick or treat this weekend. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I can openly enjoy it again now that I have children. Can't wait to dress the kids up and go get some candy. I like candy.

Kind of annoyed with J right now. His friend needed someone to watch her kid because she has to work. He asked me if I would mind if we took this kid trick or treating with us on Sunday. I said fine, grudgingly. The kid is a monster. Doesn't listen to anything, has no manners, I just can't stand him. He's only 2. It's THAT bad. He's kind of like Mowgli or something. Anyway, whatever, we can take him. Then I hear him talking more to his friend about picking the kid up TONIGHT. Suddenly, the brat will be here all weekend. Not. Freaking. Cool. But what am I supposed to do? Start a fight, break his heart, and get my way? No. My gut says that's not fair to him, but making these plans without consulting me wasn't exactly fair on my end either. I'll be the bigger man. I'll put up with it this weekend. And I'll make it very very clear that it won't happen again. Thought I did that last time this happened in January, but apparently not.

I'm off to figure out what to make for dinner. Yes, I am that unprepared. It's 6:30 and I don't have a CLUE what we're having. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment